- E-School ... offers high school credit courses through the use of multimedia
technologies and the Internet.
- i-SAFE ... Since 2003, The Office of Curriculum, Instruction and Student Support, Advanced Technology Research Branch (ATRB) partners with i-SAFE America to promote Internet Safety. i-SAFE is a non-profit organization dedicated to educating and empowering youth to safely and responsibly use the Internet. i-SAFE receives a federal grant managed by the Department of Justicethat allows them to offer professional development and K-12 curriculum to school districts across the country at no cost.
- Faculty Development
- Computer Application Training Workshops ... The Computer Application Training program strives to service the needs of the Hawaii Department of Education (HDOE) personnel. The non-credit computer application training workshops focus on developing technology skills. Developed by the Advanced Technology Research Branch (ATRB), the purpose of this program is to equip employees with the computer application skills that will enable them to increase productivity by working smarter, not harder. Workshops are offered throughout the year.
- Project Inspire ...
A comprehensive for pd-credit online professional development program designed by the Advanced Technology Research Branch to assist teachers in integrating technology in teaching, learning and the curriculum. There are three levels of certification that teachers can work toward at their own pace to achieve mastery of the technology and integration skills necessary in the 21 st century.
- Technology Activators Project ... 4-course program created
by the University of Hawaii to give teachers technological skills that can be used "to enhance teaching and facilitate
the learning process". Not limited to teachers. Enrollment open to anyone who is interested in learning more
about educational technology.
- Hawaii Educational Networking Consortium ... collaborative relationship
of the University of Hawaii, the Hawaii Department of Education, and the East-West Center to facilitate and coordinate
Hawaii-based cooperative activities relating to the development, promotion, and support of telecommunications technology
in education and research.
- E-Rate Discount Program ... Get Instructions, applications, expected discount
rates, important dates and price lists for the E-Rate program.
© Hawaii State Department of Education, P.O. Box 2360, Honolulu, HI 96804; Physical
address: 1390 Miller St, Honolulu, HI 96813; phone: 808-586-3230; fax: 808-586-3234. All rights reserved.
For problems/questions concerning this web site, please email the webmaster. Links to
other web sites should not be considered an endorsement. DOE is not responsible for the content of external web sites.